Friday 30 November 2018

Rendering with Sketchup

It seems there is no rendering native to the free version of 2017.

To do rendering you have to buy a licence from Vray for US$350 for an annual licence.

This compares to US$450 for an Enscape licence which does similar things.  I hope I have these prices right-google to check!  This blog is not a review comparing the two.

Vray lets you download a copy to try for a month (Enscape only 14 days for their trial)

Easy to download and try.  Apparently you need to use Vray materials, and the pool water, even then I still came unstuck, but with higher resolution managed slightly nicer renders:

Now I have just noticed the sky has gone...maybe time to look at the Vray tutorial.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of the Sketchup Journey

I have just spent a week learning  Sketchup, or getting up to novice user stage.  I am now fairly comfortable with how it works, although th...